Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidden LInes dont appear in drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftersteve

Industrial
Apr 21, 2006
US
Solidworks 03. Hidden lines often times do not appear as they should in drawing files. Selecting the surface and "show hidden edges" often changes nothing in the view. Whats up?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What video card & driver are you using?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​

I am experiancing a similar problem. I just installed Solidworks 04 on my HP laptop. Laptop is a HP Pavilion ZX5000. Running windows XP Home edition version 2002, duel 3 ghz drives, 512 mb ram. Video card is a Mobility Radeon 9200. What is happening is when I draw a line or a series of lines then click on a line the other lines disapear. They will come back after you goto "tools" and click "re-draw". Any Idea on how I can fix this?

Carman34l ... Yes, change the video card to a supported one. Most of the Radeon range do not run SW well.
You may have some degree of success by trying different drivers ... but don't hold your breath.

shiftersteve ... Expand the drawing view in the Drawing Manager tree then RMB click the feature(s) for which you want the hidden lines shown and select Show/Hide > Show Hidden Edges. That should show the hidden lines for that feature only.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​
SW2006-SP5 Basic ... No PDM​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back