Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hiding Components on Detail View 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

random_guy

Mechanical
Jul 16, 2010
US
First of all, I realize this is against drawing practice.

I have a customer who wants a component hidden on a detail view to show the components underneath. This is not possible on a detail view, as it must be hidden on the parent view.

Is it possible to hide a component on a detail view and show it on the parent? Without converting the detail to a general view, and making a pseudo-detail view, I don't see how. This is also on a very large assembly, and additional hidden (unused) views is not my goal. I also attempted to accomplish this with layers and was unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools do from the wise.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not to my knowledge, I think you will have to do the extra pseudo-detail view if push comes to shove.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

I recall from Wildfire that there was an Erase by View, Component (or Line) command. I think it was a RMB function. It's been seven years since I used it so maybe they've removed the functionality by now.

Tunalover

Detail views always show a scaled image of a restricted area of another view. They haven't had any ability to change the contents of the detail to be different from the originating view - not separate layers, not component visibility, not edge linestyle, not view type (shading/hidden/et al.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back