Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hiding solid bodies in a part in the drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojournerman

Industrial
Jun 5, 2014
NZ
Hi all have an unusual (I think) Question here . Is it possible to hide different solid bodies from a part in the part drawing .
I am running 2006 (yes its old and yes its my legit copy and no I cant afford to update to the latest and greatest Damit) and I'm designing a kitchen and certain problems occur when I try to do certain things so I'm trying a slightly different tack in the way I'm modeling it but instead of an assembly for the components Its going to be a part made up of solid bodies but when I try to hide the different solid bodies in the drawing for the part all the views are effected by the solid body I have hidden and I don't want that.
also how Stable is SW now in using equations in one assembly in multiple iterations in a top level assembly I remember at a previous job we could not get it to operate the way we wanted .
I hope my Questions are clear(ISH)
Thanks for the help​

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SolidWorks 2006. You're testing my memory here, but I believe, you can click on the drawing -to tell you what view it is- then go into the assembly tree with the corresponding drawing, and suppress the items you don't want shown.

SW Professional 2015 SP 5.0
SW Electrical 2D/3D SP 5.0
64 bit
Intel Xeon X(R) CPU 3600 @ 2.80 GHz
8.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

First off thanks for the replies:)
1) Berkshire If I suppress the body other related bodies fail (because some are mirrored with their own cuts added later for example)
2)MR CTOPHER noted and will look into that and will let you know what happens
3) Nella 95 sorry that doesn't work as that was one of the first things I looked at and when I right click on said body and click hide all the bodies disappear and I have an empty drawing in all the views not just the one I'm working in But do you have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back