High-accuracy leveling and alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveykbelgium

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2005
BE
Hello

I want to level and align a number of sub-modules very accurately. Complete machine length is around 5m (16 feet)

Is anybody aware of commercially available laser systems?

What about other methods?

Many thanks

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hallo IRstuff.

Accuracy in the region of 0.05mm or better :)

The datums of the large metal panels will be H7 holes, and into these I want to assemble posts for the lasers to align/work etc.

As the panels are taller than they are wider, I want to level the panels using datum holes which are vertical - a sort of laser plumb-line I guess! I will align (vertically) all the modules using the lower datum hole in each panel.

Do I need to send a sketch?

Cheers

Dave

Hi DDRSS10 - guess that menas something to you :)

Greetings from Belgium, and thanks for your valuable post. As per usual, the answer to everything appears to be on the net.

I checked out the website, and the hamar products seems very appropriate. Out of interest, what were you levelling?

Thanks - or 'bedankt' as they say in Belgium

Dave

Dave,
Greetings from Minnesota, U.S.A. "Came over on the mayflower" refers to the age of the tool, just a little joke. We were leveling a 2.4m sq platten full of bolsters for the asembly of some tight tolerance frames. The leveling of the laser is very important before starting any measuring. Take your time and you will find that it works flawlessly. Good luck, give some updates on your progress.

Nick

"Speed costs money boys, how fast do you want to go?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back