High-Frecuency Earth Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuse4

Electrical
Oct 27, 2011
PE
Dear all

For test system ground of the each power transmission towers all electrically interconnected by means of Ground Wires, is necesary use a high frecuency earth meter ?.

I will thank your comments and brands of equipment if is possible.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Typically, it is recommended to perform these measurements using a higher frequency than the operational.
This is to avoid interferences and some effects in the measurements.

I guess at this forum we cannot give the commercial name of the equipments, however, if you try at google, or at some grounding software manufacturers you may find something usefull.

Here's a good primer if you haven't seen it already:

You need to get your head around what you are actually trying to measure. The resistance of your ground wire, or the resistance to remote earth from each tower. Different test equipment may be needed depending on what you need to measure.

But if you are asking if you can measure resistance to earth using an ohmmeter - probably not. You're likely to get a bunch of meaningless data.

Deear lume7006 and dpc

Thanks for your answer, I am interested in the resistance to remote earth from each tower without disconect Ground Wires, I don't know if a a high frecuency tellurometer is the best option.

thanks newly.

How would you use a tellurometer to measure ground resistance?

You can measure the individual tower ground resistance without disconnecting the ground wire on shielded lines with a clamp-on resistance tester.

Dear jghrist

Perhaps a tellurometer is a incorrect word of the equipment. In the Std IEEE 81 - 1983, numeral 12,6 says "High-Frequency Earth Resistance Meter" and suggests the measurement with a high - frequency which operates to 25 kHz. This standard indicates that document "High Frequency Resistance Measuring Instrument, Brown Boveri and Pub BBC—Nachrichten no 3/67, pp 132-135." described in detail tha application but is difficult to find.

Today I found in the web a publications about this application:

- -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back