High Pile Storage Question Regarding Single Pallet on Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTW_Anaheim

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2024
US
Hello There,

I am permitting plans in California (OCFA) for the Installation of High Pile Storage Racking. We were through plan check and at time of the Fire Inspection, we were sent back to plan checking with OCFA as the Inspector want's only 1 Large Pallet to be shown on the Level as it is currently on site. He stated he was unsure if the Single Pallet per level would change the Commodity, Top of Storage, or the Sprinkler Flow, but he wanted us to double-check/verify and resubmit.

I cannot find any information on this and unsure how to go about verifying this. Has anybody have any information on how this might work?

Some information on the project:
High Pile Area: 11,295 SQ.FT.
Sprinkler System: CMDA 0.75/2,000 with 156°F Rated Head
Ceiling Height: 29'-4"
Truss Height: 24'-0"
Riser Height: 28'-10"
Commodity Class to be Stored: Class IV (top of storage @22'-0") and Group-A Plastics (top of storage @<5'-0")
Concrete and Steel Structures/Parts: Class II
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Shells for Vehicles: Group-A Plastics
Wooden Crated with Concrete Structures: Class IV

Thanks,

Rikk

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a5562de3-216c-4f2f-ad65-99316a93b87a&file=Single_Pallet_on_Rack.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. So do the plans show using a pallet?

2. Was a pallet added?

Not sure how one pallet changes the commodity?
Unless you call it mixed?

Hi cdafd,
Thanks for the response,

The Plans show 3 QTY pallets (40"x48") what is actually on site is 1 QTY 120"x48" Pallet on a 144"x42" Rack Section.

Commodity doesn't change, however I am unsure if this large pallet would keep from the sprinklers raining down throughout the levels. The Transverse Flue Space is clear on the ends (Column to Pallet) but there is no transverse in the middle, of the pallets.

Hoping In-Racks are not necessary, but I am unsure. I was not on site for the inspection so I could not get the details from the inspector. Still waiting to hear from the inspector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back