Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

High Pressure Ball Valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAlton

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2003
US
I am looking for a source for 2", 2.5", 3", 4" and 6", RF Flanged, High Pressure (900#, 1500# & 2500#) Stainless Steel, Trunion Mounted, Standard and Full Port, Ball Valves. Any help would be appreciated. The intended service is either compressed air, notrogen and/or water. The temperature will be less than 100F.

J. Alton Cox

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might want to search this site. We've had a dozen or so threads with people recommending their favorite ball valves.

David

Metal seated or soft seated?

Any manufacturer that makes ball valves in the pressure classes that you mention should be OK.

However, think about the intended service your allowable leakage and the test specifications that will be used!!!

Make sure you specify a test spec that will prove beyond a doubt that the valve will do what you need it to do.

Do you really want raised face flanges in the higher ASME classes instead of RTJ?

Can you live with an Italian manufacturer that closes all operation during the entire month of August?

Grove, Cameron, Velan, KTM, KTI, PBV, EIEIO, ...

John

Yes, multiple manufacturers in the greater Milano region.

The valves were just fine. Normally my long term projects could accommodate long deliveries. It appeared routine for valve manufacturers to close operation the entire month of August. Was this just my bad luck or a common practice? Has the situation changes in recent times?

My current projects are "short-fused".

John

CORTEC Fluid Control manufacturers HP ball valves in both AS and SS. They are a compact design, full port and generally occupy 40% less space and are 40% lighter than conventional valves. Good pricing and delivery. (877)223-1967.

jsummerfield,
I believe that closing for the whole month of August is an old "tradition", due to some big national Companies (typically city factories with conveyer assembly lines, such as FIAT ones...).

My Company (and many others, I think) never closes more than two weeks, depending on the calendar and the work load (they tell me about just one extraordinary 3-week closing, years ago, during a bad business period...).

In any case, delivery times (and the relevant notes) should be clearly indicated by the Manufacturer at the time of bidding, of course, before you place the Purchase Order...

Best Regards, 'NGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back