High Pressure Electric Boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingmi

Mechanical
Jun 12, 2007
IN
Hi,

We are looking out for an electric bolier (for R&D Lab) with following specifications:

Steam flow - 300 Kg/hr
Pressure - 100 Barg max

Can you pls help me with information on boiler manufacturers?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks steamdog for your reply. I checked sussmanboiler website but it seems they make electric boilers upto max pressure of 150 psig only whereas our requirement is 1450 psig.

I haven't seen or heard of an electric boiler with your required capacity. Your required capacity is quite small for the equipment that would be required to produce it. I believe that the only way you achieve the require pressure and temperature would be to use a cylindrical monotube and molten salt as a transfer media.

One Steam Jenny a cylindrical monotube is capable of 450 psig of saturated steam. I have worked with these but all were fuel fired. There was a small cylindrical monotube boiler on a (?Noble Steam Car?) that operated at 750 psig

unclesyd, it is the same as a big boiler at the same pressure.
electric resistance element steam boilers/steam generators are common
at any pressure, it is expensive to build because takes the same controls as a large steam. generator.
for gas/fuel steamers, the same process, can be built as water tube.

We take orders form 2pph steam generators at 2500psi of course we give the customer 10 pph min. instead as it cost us the same and we feel bad to get paid for so little steam. current order of 2pph at 500psi. pc of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back