Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Quality Image...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoted

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2003
KR
Hi! Beginner's simple question...

How do I get a high quality image?

My rough image with untidy lines doesn't get better,
I use "High quality image" menu in "View>>Visualization"
though.

Thanks in advance~

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You get a high-quality image by saving as either bitmap or tiff file. The jpeg rendering in SE leaves a lot to be desired. Once saved as tiff (which I usually use) you can convert to a jpeg image with another program (I use Irfan View). This results in a much better jpeg image than saving direct from SE. I also click on options and set the width and height higher to give a larger image (if maintain aspect is clicked you only need to change one). Change larger one to 2000 pixels or so - you can always rescale in the other imaging program.

A handy tip is to change the size of the SE window to show only what you want the inage of - this eliminates any excess image area.

Thanx jwillison!

I've got progress with your help.

Do you have any idea to do 'antialiasing effect' in UG?

I'd like to improve my original model also.

Tiff has shown a clear image, but still has 'aliased lines'.

Thanks in advance~!

Sorry, are you using Unigraphics? I was talking about Solid Edge. Same company, different program. :) I haven't used UG in a long time and didn't do any rendering with it so can't help you with the anti-aliasing. It appears that Solid Edge doesn't have an option for that. But since my advice seemed to help you I would be inclined to believe the rendering is similar between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back