Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Quality rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihen

Mechanical
May 28, 2013
DE
Hello,
I had a question here before: "I have to set the resolution to 3000*3000 pixels. I have no idea how shall I set it that it fills the image.(It should be in the middle of the picture) I always have to play with the zoom: zoom, start render, it shows totally others than in the model space... zoom, render, zoom, render again until it will be in the middle of the picture."

And the response was that:
"Change your graphics window to a shape which is similar to the rendered image, your are about to render a 3000x3000 ( i.e square) then make the graphics window close to square, then the rendered image will be identical to the graphics. ( no zoom / pan etc.)

In the High Quality Image dialog there is a "Information" button on the first row of icons, It will report your current graphics window size among other things.
The important point is the relation width / height to be similar to square, not the actual size."

It works, but it is difficult to set manually the window again and again...
Can I set somehow the graphics window size with pixels? (pixel*pixel)
Do you have maybe a journal for this?
Is this the only way to get the right render view of my model in NX? It could be a little bit better... What if I want to render with batch files?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

While this is NOT a part of NX itself, there is a free add-on app called 'Sizer' that makes it very easy to know exactly what size you've set any window to on a Windows-based system. You can find more information about this app at:

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

not bad, not bad... :)

but it will set the whole NX window but I need to set only the graphics window...:(

Thanks anyway:)

I , who responded previously, - You don't have to be that exact, if you for your 3000x3000 image re-size the graphics to something which is , by eye, square you will do fine. If you wish, you can verify the size of the graphics the way i described.

I have used Sizer for other reasons, I wanted to screendump a large number of images for documentation purposes, and I then wanted the images to be the same size.
anyhow, make the graphics window a separate window, then you can click the lower right corner of the graphics window. (and re-size that only)
I don't have Sizer installed on this computer why the sizer dialog isn't visible in the attached image.

Regards,
Tomas

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8634db86-d59f-4e13-b402-537a8324249e&file=sep_graphics_size.png
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back