Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

high resolution mpeg file from design animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

njlee

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2001
US
Hi all,

does anyone know a way to export high resolution movie file from design animation module? I can only get screen capture quality movie from it.

thanks,
lee

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Playback mode, select Capture, and check the option to Photorender frames.

Before you do this, adjust the rendering settings so that the captured frames are of high enough quality.

My advice is to find a render quality which is good enough for your application, but not so high that your animation will take days to render.

Pro/E's base rendering is *okay*, but not as good as some other rendering packages out there. If you are running Wildfire 1 or 2 (not the student edition), you have the option to use the Photolux raytracer instead of the base renderer. It yields higher quality images than normal, but still not as good as some other raytracers out there.

I'm still waiting for the day when PTC (or someone else) finds a way to easily export animation information to POVRay. I have something on the go for this, but it has been backburnered for the time being.

Please see the FAQ Animation Tools (faq554-975).

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back