Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Speed-High Power Coupling Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad90

Petroleum
Apr 16, 2008
GB
Hi,

We have just discovered a crack in the windage shroud in a 40MW 4000rpm coupling (turbine-gear) As always the OEM has quoted some 20 weeks delivery. In a previous job, circa 2003 I bought a 'copy' coupling from a firm in the USA on a much shorter turn time but it carried a hefty price tag. I have since moved jobs twice and lost the contact details.

Does anyone know who I might have dealt with? Does anyone know of an alternative supplier?

Thanks

Andrew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, I am aware of the big-boys in the coupling world, but they tend to have longer lead times. I made contact with the guys on my previous project. They have never used the couopling that was bought from FlexElement so I have no feedback.

AD90

If you want a full API671 coupling with all its documentation requirements you need to accept the 20 week delivery quoted however if you are in a position whereby you need to run your equipment and will to accept the coupling without all the API 671 requirements I would guess the delivery can come down.

Dont take any short cuts with these couplings would be my advie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back