Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Temperature Fatigue Analysis ASME Section VIII-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSor

Mechanical
Sep 25, 2006
CA
Is there a way to do a fatigue analysis at temperatures above the limits of the Design Fatigue Curves in ASME Section VIII Div.2?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I take it that your analysis is in the creep regime? So you are really asking if it is possible to perform a creep-fatigue interaction analysis? Is this correct?

I am trying to determine the allowable fatigue stress amplitude limits for thermowells at temperatures above those listed in the design fatigue curves. I am working with the ASME standard PTC 19.3 TW 2010, which has the fatigue stress amplitude limits listed for various materials, and which were determined in accordance with Section VIII Div 2. But since the fatigue curves in VIII-2 are limited to 800°F, I am not sure how to proceed for the higher temperatures.

The stress limits I am looking at seem to be far below the creep stress data (1% per 10000hrs) I have been able to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back