Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

High Voltage Maintenance Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

racobb

Electrical
Feb 23, 2009
US
I have a friend that works for a Co-op and is looking for someone to train/certify one of their crews for 115 kV bare hand bucket work. He says the truck has already been certified. The location is in North Carolina. Anybody have a contact or source. I have searched the internet with no success.

Thanks

Alan

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep!
Ben Franklin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why on earth? It can all be done with proper hot work tools or on properly grounded lines. Bare hand work on hot lines is a risk not worth taking, and is illegal in at least some states.

He asked and I told him I would check it out. Did not say I would recommend it. In fact I am curious if any utilities are doing it, other than from the air.

Thanks

Alan

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep!
Ben Franklin

Alan, I think Duke has a program over in Toddville. I knwo they have it, not sure if it is open to other than Duke employees.

Thanks....thought they still did, hoping to get some more input also.

Alan

Ben Franklin

Will try that one also....Thanks

Alan

Ben Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back