Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hole tolerances and finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDS1

Mechanical
Jan 20, 2004
US

I am currently working on a retro-fit of a calandria type evaporator. I am fast tracking the project and am wanting to get my preliminary design to fabricators for quotes. I have ordered a TEMA standards book to reference the information I need but want to send out prints before the book arrives and need some help.

I am looking for tube sheet hole tolerances and finishes to give the fabricator. The tubesheets are 1" thk SA-516-70. The tubes which are to be rolled into the tubesheets are 1 3/8" O.D. I have asked the fabricators for a 1.389" reamed hole (14 thousands over) with a tolerance of +000 and -.003. Is this to stringent? I could also use help with hole groove infomation and finish. The tube will be rolled into the tube sheets using standard tube expanding rollers.

As mentioned, I have ordered what I believe to be the necessary reference literature. I need help until that arrives. I can firm up the design if I decide to change something after I receive the standards. Its only preliminary pricing.

Thank you

DDS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back