Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

hole wizard database location

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipV

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2003
US
We have 5 seats of SW 2008 sp3.1 installed. We have the file SWBrowser.mdb (which has been modified to our particular needs) saved to a common spot on our server. Others can then direct their path there & use it. I cannot although I have been able to in prior versions. I am using the same file is on my machine because I am the one who modified it & we later copied my file to the server.
I go to tools/options/system options/holewizard-toolbox & try to direct it there I get the following error msg:
ERROR: "Could not fine the standards database (new path)"

The path shown on my unit is "C\solidworks data"...even though the SWBrowser.mdb file is actually in "C\Solidworks data\lang\english"
this is the file it is using because if I acess the hole wizard then look at the file properties the date & time have changed to the current time.

We all have other paths directed to our server for holecallout file, templates etc. & they all work fine even on my machine.

any Ideas? I have searched the forum & found related issues but not the exact answer I'm looking for.

Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Default for SW08 has changed in many ways some people probably still don't know.

But the TB depending on where you actually installed it, is still pretty much the same.

I am showing the Default Directory to be for the TB:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solidworks Data\lang\English

One thing would be is to Modify on the install and during the pre-install menus you should see where the TB is located at (path). Then Cancel and point to that location. If the location is on a server. Then its probably a Permission issue then. You can have Admin rights and still not have access to files on the server.

Please elaborate further on this more.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

scott,
my mistake...I was mistaken about using the file being from our server. The other guys each have the file on their station. We do have hole callout text file and our templates etc on the server so I assumed this file was too. We do have the file stored on the server but just to copy to our individual stations. I have the SWBrowser.mdb file in the exact location you show but I also have it in the location I mentioned above & that is the one that stays current as far & date & filesize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back