Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hole Wizard, Defaults, How can I set hole wizard cbores to have the same type of screw referenced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I thought at one point I was able to customize the defaults of what was preferred items on hole wizard. When I go to put in a counterbored hole, I almost always want it to use a socket head cap screw, but it defaults to binder head cap screw. Its only two extra clicks, but it's very annoying. Is there a setting to change it?

SolidWork Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2017

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Currently using Inventor19

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can limit the number of options presented by editing the Hole Wizard tab in Toolbox Configuration. I don't see a way of prioritizing one option over another, although that sure would be nice! You could also select hole configurations as Favorites which might make it easier to access frequently used options.

My own pet peeve has to do with that "prioritizing" I mentioned. When I'm selecting a fastener for some reason SW likes to show the Fine Thread pitch first (1/4-28 appears as a default over 1/4-20). I HATE that! That one fault caused my company to have to spend over $30,000 re-stocking our fastener bins because we hired a company with Solidworks newbies to design a very expensive and complicated piece of equipment for us. EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON IT WAS FINE PITCH! Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back