Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hole wizard slot, can you turn the holes 90° 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have a series of slotted counterbores to put into a part and cant figure out how to get the slot going the correct way. It is putting the long side horizontal, and I need it to go vertical. Any ideas or do I just need to turn my head?

Inventor Newbie since 2019
SolidWork Newbie since 2001

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had the same problem last week. What I did was use the Hole Wizard to make the slot horizontally, and then edit the sketch to change the center line to Vertical.

Actually, turning your head isn't such a bad idea! Hopefully someone can tell both of us a much easier way.

FYI - When you are in the feature you can change the direction when you are in the position option then when you add your first slot that is when you control the direction. You can always edit the feature again and click position and do the same thing as jackk pointed out.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Thanks Scott. It wasn't that intuitive, but after re-reading your post and trying several things I finally got it vertical while in the position tab. I'm not sure it was any easier or less clicks than editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back