Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hole Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanical
Dec 28, 2004
I am using SW2004SP4.1. I have trouble getting a stray hole when using Hole Wizard. This hole may be nearly anywhere. On the Origin or about anywhere on the part. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank You,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I understand your problem correctly, it is probably because you are adding an extra point when locating the hole.

When you get to the Hole Placement dialog, SWx actually has the point command active. Anywhere you place a point you are placing another hole. Something to be aware of before you start clicking.

SW places a whole where ever you clicked last before choosing the Hole Wizard. If you are in the habit of highlighting a face and then choosing hole wizard, the point you clicked to highlight that face is where the first hole will be placed. If you choose the Hole Wizard first and then choose the faces to place the hole I don't think 'extra' holes are created.

Clem
ME
SW/PDM 06 2.0

Yeah, what MElam said, also you realize, that you can specify the exact location of the hole with the other tab in the Hole Wizard, using the 'dimension' command where applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back