Hollow core slab roof inclined

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivoo_boss

Structural
Jul 15, 2021
EE
Hey everyone!

So the contractor wants I design a roof with a two-sided 6° inclination using hollow core slabs - he thinks he'll have easier time with the insulation this way. Below is a preliminary section of the building. The yellow ones are hollow core slabs that span ~7 m and they are supported on pre-cast RC ledger beams.

Do you think there might be some issues with this? Should I design the boots of the beams inclined as well?

section1_liatgi.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The anal obsessive side of me says that the bearing of the hollow core on the beams might be a bit concentrated and you should put some kind of pad there. But that's me being a worry wart. I'd also say it's going to be hard for the pre-caster to slope the top of the beams (boots?), so you might want to slope that with insulation.
But the final word should come from the hollow core manufacturer. I bet they either have done this before or know the reason not to do it.

I've seen sloped pre-cast slabs before, but unfortunately I haven't been privvy to what the actual connection details look like. I agree with Jed that the best place to ask this question is a local precaster to see what they'd prefer to see in situations like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back