Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

home dongle for V12

Status
Not open for further replies.

stansmits

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2003
DE
I used a so called home dongle (free dongle for home use as an extra for a licence in the office).
This worked fine with the V10 version but doesnot function with the V12 (I skipped V11)
I did copy the file "SElicence.dat" (with the dongle code) in the Solid Edge V12/Program directory
Wo can help me here?

Stan Smits

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's the same dongle. You may have to re-install the sentinel drivers. They are the drivers required to talk to your dongle. I can't remember everything about it but if you go to this site;

You can download the latest drivers. I had this issue when I loaded V12 a while ago. The computer couldn't find the hardware key. HTH

Jim

I got some inforamtaion from our support:
an update from V10 to V11 (or higher) the "old" hardware dongle can be used, only another software key is required (this is the SElicence.dat file!)
I received a new code and V12 is working fine!!
regards
Stan

My experience is, that sentinel driver is not installed correctly many times when you install V12. Try to install Sentinel Driver manually, it is on the installation CD in the Sentinel folder.
Petr B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back