Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Honeywell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetman021

Aerospace
Dec 13, 2019
US
Looking for some Honeywell CMM's. All the data services I have will not touch Honeywell. Honeywell will not share there data. Help Please
Our company is going to do some ball screw gear box overhauls for a thrust reverser as a 145 repair station. This was the response from Honeywell for my request to have access to the data.

Hello ------,

Thank you for contacting the Honeywell Aerospace Technical Publications Team with your request for technical publications.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to fulfill your request. This technical data you asked for is only licensed to Honeywell authorized dealers and service centers, and owner/operators.

If you believe that we’re mistaken, and you do have an agreement in place to these publications, please let us know, and we’ll launch a review to double-check.
For Case Related Questions?
We’ll connect all of your inquiry details through the subject line of this email. So, should you reply, please leave the subject line unchanged to make sure your response is routed immediately to this case.

Wanda
Honeywell Aerospace
Technical Publications Team
Web: 1-800-601-3099 or internationally at 1-602-365-3099
ORIGINAL CORRESPONDENCE:
Pub request:33-44-35:72914:COBALT AERO SERVICES LLC

[ ref:_00D30dWxY._5001B1REkRh:ref ]
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information, which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Further, information contained herein, U.S. Export Control laws may control including attached files. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication in whole or in part without the express written consent of Honeywell, or the U.S. Government as required, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s) to the original message.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CMM = Component Maintenance Manual ?

It isn't unusual for OEMs to limit distribution of their MMs.

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Hi Jetman,
Can you clarify-
Are you a user of Honeywell equipment?
What Honeywell equipment are you using?
Why do you think Honeywell won't provide you with CMM's themselves?
Have you contacted Honeywell or the distributor of the equipment you are using?
Are you qualified to carry out the kinds of maintenance in these manuals?

Data You are asking about is a treasured/proprietary commodity. I've heard Honeywell is particularly ferocious about protecting it's data.

Your best bet is an aircraft OEM that installs Honeywell avionics... or an avionics shop that repairs HW avionics. I suspect that if You are doing a new installation or modification with Honeywell electronics, they may be somewhat forthcoming and supportive, in 1-on-1 conversations.

Many years ago [1990s] I stumbled across a Boeing 'standard repair procedures manual' for [all] Honeywell avionics... interesting but unneeded at that time. Can't remember much more...

NOTE.
A few years ago I heard a rumor that Fairchild electronics and Honeywell were considering a 'merger between equals'.
The new merged-company was to have been named FairWell HoneyChild. [wink]

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back