Hopkinsons (UK) Boiler Safety Valves Type A7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Obturator

Mechanical
Feb 22, 2010
GB
My turn to seek advice.

I'm trying to ascertain the fate of the UK made Hopkinson boiler safety valves type A7000.

I know that at one point they were swallowed by Weir (now Trillium) and moved to their manufacturing site in Huddersfield.

Was this design finally killed off at some point thereafter? Or was it moved or replaced by Weir's Sarasin RSBD factory in France making their own ASME I designs?

Per ISO, only the term Safety Valve is used regardless of application or design.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for that gg, but I am really trying to find out what happened to the product as in my questions.

Per ISO, only the term Safety Valve is used regardless of application or design.

I called Weir in Fort Worth Texas, USA and asked them about the Hopkinsons brand. They came back and said that brand is still being supported by a company called Weir Valve and Controls and gave me this phone number: 44 1422 282000.

Google says Weir Valve and Controls is located at Britannia House, Huddersfield Rd, Elland HX5 9JR, United Kingdom which is where you say your trail runs cold. Maybe the number above is helpful...?

Hi,

The A7000 Safety Valve Range Design was handed to Sarasin RSBD when Hopkinsons (then Weir) moved from their site in Birkby to the current Elland site. The decision was taken to concentrate on the Isolation Valve Product Line (Hopkinsons), Control Valves (Blakeborough) and Butterfly Valves (Batley) as Sarasin were already doing great business with their Safety Valve Rang, it made business sense.

Elland still provide replacement safety valves for the Hopkinsons 7.. Series Safety Valves (702, 707, 709 etc) as well as servicing and providing spares for the Torsion Bar Safety Valves.

If you need any contact for these products I would be more than happy to help.

Hopkinsons is a great brand with great products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back