Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOSE VALVES AND PUMP TESTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

schola

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2005
VE
Dear sirs,

In accordance to NFPA-20, hose valves shall be installed for pump testing.

What could be the advisable time the pump test should last?

Regards,

schola

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you asking how long a pump test typically takes? If we were rocking and rolling, we could get finished in about an hour for a smaller pump...fewer hoses. Most contractors and test companies have a 4 hour minimum charge which allows for travel time. So, if you looking for costs, figure 2 men at 4 hours. Your local testing company can tell you what the hourly rate is?

I hope that helps to answer your questions.

Travis

And to add to Travis's response:

If this is an acceptance test, it is a minimum 1-hour test. And during the test I seem to recall it requires 6 manual and 4 automatic starts. One of those test must be under a full pump demand condition.

If your driver is electric and was required to be connected to a standby power source, an additional load test of the pump while the generator is running is also required.

See NFPA 20.

Travis - are you in Keller?

Stookeye:

We had some things come through that put a hold on the move for awhile. Still a goal, just going to get delayed. I am going to be dealing with a couple of Phoenix summers still :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back