Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot key anomoly? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieP

Structural
Oct 20, 2009
US
I've decided to change my hot keys from CTRL + ? to CTRL + SHIFT + ?. The intent is to get away from the usual CTRL + ? hot key combinations most Excel users have gotten used to. I've found a problem.

Attached are two Excel files (CalcBlox-dir.xls and Loadings.xls). Each have macros and should be scanned for virus. The file CaclBlox-dir.xls will show you where to store both files on your hard drive. After you've stored the files, open CalcBlox.xls and do what the TextBox describes.

If this problem can't be fixed (hopefully something really simple) I'll have to learn how to make a ToolBar with buttons to activate the macros. I'm just about to release the first set of modules into the Public Domain Via Eng-Tips and need help with issues like this.

LonnieP

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=59b600c0-9008-4854-970c-58a1b715dccb&file=LOADINGS.XLS
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Lonnie,

First a suggestion - if you describe your problem in full in the message, rather than expecting people to download two files, check them for viruses, create a new directory, then run some macros, you are likely to get much more response!

As for the problem, I hadn't seen it before, but it seems to be an Excel "feature". The exact same problem and a couple of solutions are described here:

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back