Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How calculate cost of warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawelmaz

Mechanical
May 10, 2005
PL
Dear all,
I have calculate cost of warranty of product. Product is a new mechanical device. I now that we have to know what could be damage within this time but maybe is a special economical formula to do this?
Do someone could help me?
Best regards

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean by 'calculate cost of warranty'? The vendor should be able to supply you with a cost for a warranty or special terms in the warranty.

I believe this post could be referring to "Liquidated Damages" (LD’s) as a cost of warranty. LD’s are exercised when a component does not meet performance criteria or if a component is returned to service beyond an agreed upon date. The LD’s are meant to reimburse the expenses of lost performance or production revenue to the owner of the component until the problem is corrected by the vendor.

Dear "TD2K",
"Metengr" have right, this is cost of warranty which must be added to the price of completly new product. In my country this product will appear for the first time. What I know ussualy for mechanical devices is from 1,5% up to 5% (or more) of a new product cost. But how to accurately calculate it ("PSE" gave me some idea - but maybe someone have also some solution).
Regards
Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back