Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I analyze and solve warnings/alerts in part navigator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanNavarroSanz

Mechanical
Oct 25, 2012
I frecuently have this problem, there is a warning/alert in a feature in part navigator (exclamation mark within yellow triangle), "unable to reference parent objects that are either expressed or modeled away"

How can I determine where is the problem? Is there a way to higlight the out of date objets (im migrating from Ideas, and there, the out of date or missing objects are drawn in thick and dash line type)

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
If you right click in the part navigator.You will find use filter(with variuos filters) and then if you go for Apply filter...it will help you demarcate the features according to their status(suppressed,out of date etc).
I hope this is what ypou are looking for.
Regards
Kapil Sharma

Also you can use EDIT/FEATURE/PLAYBACK to diagnose the problematic features more closely.

Best Reagrds
Kapil Sharma

Note that these so-called 'warnings' are actually 'Info Alerts' and are not necessarily an indication that there is a 'problem'. In most cases it's simply reporting some sort of action that had to be taken during the last model update. If there had been a real problem, either the update would have failed altogether or if individual features had failed they would have automatically been suppressed and tagged as failed (with a RED (X)).

In most cases, if you were to perform another edit operation, or even a Model Replay, which forces your model to update, these 'Info Alerts' will go away since they often are only displayed once, immediately after the issue was encountered for the first time. In the future, since no action was required, the system assumes that you have no need to be notified again about this issue.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back