Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create a hole on an already meshed plate element? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1991_09

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2020
US
I am having difficulty creating some holes on my model. I tried creating a circular curve and then converted it to a surface. After that I tried to remove the circular surface by using geometry-->surface-->hole removal,but I cant get this to work. The surface in which I want to create the hole has already been meshed and has plate properties. I'm not sure if this matters or not. Would anyone please point me in the right direction of how to create a hole in my model. Attached is a picture of my model and where I want to holes located. The colored surface that the circular curves lie on are meshed but I have the those surfaces meshes suppressed within the picture.

holes_fx2jhk.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you familiar with the Meshing Toolbox? In the Geometry Editing heading, select Project Curve as the operation, then turn the selector on at the top of the pane. Select the surface you would like to imprint and then select the curve(s) you would like to burn in. In this case the curve(s) with the one(s) that make up the hole. The part should automatically remesh. The hole will now be a separate surface and you can delete the surface and mesh as needed.
ProjectCurve_ajcvyn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back