Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i design a pilot plant distillation?Softtware recomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mebluna

Chemical
Dec 27, 2006
MX
Hello,

I would like to talk with a person who have experience and knowledges about software to design and simulate process like distillation. I want to know how can i desing a destilation pilot plant for to separate LPG. The LPG that i want to separate have the next composition.

Propylene=0.092
Propane=0.558
Isobutane=0.109
1-butene=0.07
butane=0.105
2-butane=0.066

I am interested in obtain just two or three principal components like propane, isobutane and butane (pure 95%)
i appreciate your help with information, software recomendation, article or some things that can help to me for to give me an orientation for to stat the design and construction the pilot plant.

Thanks a lot!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your needs do not require Aspen Plus, there is no way to get it free or any plant similation software. Either hire a consultant for a onetime project to do the run or buy the program.

Another program that is great is BR&E's PROMAX. It is not free , but is excellent.

If you do not have the software then you can hire a consultant. It's not worth writing your own on this.

There are other process simulators such as VMGsim and HYSYS.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back