Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i find the wheel angle ( not the steering angle ) in PostProcessing in Adams/Car 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh m

Automotive
Jan 19, 2020
IR
hi everyone

I guess the subject asks the question by itself .

I can't find the wheel angle that is the result of the steering angle in Postprocessing .

I have looked everywhere in Postprocessing Results and I couldn't find it .

I have looked for a toe request but it gave the following result that I know is not correct because it should give a constant like steering angle:

Capture_hh0vub.png

appreciate it if anyone could help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi GregLocock

I see absolutely no such request in here ? not in the requests nor in the components …

could you please mention the branch that you have found Toe castor camber in ?

I have looked everywhere ...

Sorry I don't use CAR. So try adding the following line wherever you add custom requests or adm code. You'll have to change the marker ids to whatever is correct in your model. You could look up usersub 1101 to figure out the syntax. the 10405/10421 pair define the left hand stub axle for example 5199 is the test equipment gyro position, attached to the body

REQ/1080,FUNCTION=USER(1101,0,10405,10421,0,10505,10523,5199,0), TITLE= Toe_Caster_Camber_Front
, COMMENT=TOE CASTER CAMBER (FRONT)
, CNAMES = ""
, "LF_Toe_Angle"
, "LF_Caster_Angle"
, "LF_Camber_Angle"
, ""
, "RF_Toe_Angle"
, "RF_Caster_Angle"
, "RF_Camber_Angle"
,CLABELS="","(deg)","(deg)","(deg)","","(deg)","(deg)","(deg)"
, RESULTS_NAME = Toe_Caster_Camber_Front

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

sorry I need more elaboration on that …

maybe step by step …

I don't know where I should add custom request code so I could do the rest of the instructions that you just added …

appreciate it if you help out more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back