Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i get the metal-foil that made by superclean stainless steel? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicSeven

Materials
May 19, 2003
TW
I need the superclean metal-foil for the research.
the ideal meterial is 316L stainless steel, double vacuum treatment, like vim/var.
i know the material hase widly used in the semiconductor equipment industry, but i can't get the foil type sample that made by 316L VIM/VAR.
the thickness i need is about 50~100 micro meter.
the size is not matter right now
Where i can get the metal-foil samples in the world? i do not want the metal-foil made by tranditional 316L material.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What measure are you using to define "clean?"

We used standard 316 for process plumbing in a semi fab at a previous job. The facilities guys used LOX to clean the piping before installation.

TTFN

VIM/VAR for 316L doesn't get you very much except low nitrogen and low hydrogen. The usual ingredients of inclusions are oxides and sulfide. An AOD can get sulfur to under 10 ppm, so again no benefit from VIM/VAR.
The major culprit, oxygen, generally runs as much as 100 ppm in 316L if it is Si/Mn deoxidized, whether it's VIM/VAR or AOD. If it's aluminum deoxodized, then again the AOD works equally well.
So a well-made AOD 316L can be cleaner, i.e. lower in oxides, than a VIM/VAR version. That being said Avesta specializes in such versions of 316L.

Meanging of the superclean stainless steel are chemistries for 316L, carbon<0.02%, Mn<0.3%, P<0.04%, S<0.003%, Si<0.5, according to the SEMI SPEC. F-19.

The material via AOD or VOD is usually acceptable for relatively non-conrrosive service. System desingers will often speicfy a "double melt" or "double vacuum melt" for corrosive service applications.

I need the superclean 316L to avoid inclusion in the 316L, espacially in metal-foil type. Because the metal-foil will be used in the precisely area applications and need suffer from critical manufacturing process.

so how can i get the samples for the research and study?

I meansion again about the sepec. of the 316L metal-Foil samples.
the thickness i need is about 50~100 um.
the size is about 170mm width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back