Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How can i memorize the dashboard size???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvetk

Mechanical
Sep 27, 2007
IT
Hi to all of you!!!
I'm searching a way to memorize the size of pro-e wf 3 dashboard , that you can drag up & down to have a littlebit more bigger the graphic area.
Is there a way ??? Maybe in the config-pro?? But i did'nt find it.
Thanks in advance!!!
Have a nice end of year , and , of course, a nice new year!!!
Regards
Bye

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm on wf2 but I don't see anything in config.pro from Olaf's site

not sure if you will find anything under tools>customize screen.... there are browser settings, navigation settings..options for the model tree and options to have the dashboard above or below the graphics screen.

the only things in the wf3 list from olafs is;
ALLOW_SURFEXT_DASHBOARD_UR (hidden)
a hidden option with no real info as to what it does;
MTRACK_DB_SIZE (hidden)..... again no info db could be dashboard or database

my guess that it will be like a number of other things, that yes you can resize during a session and it stays that way until you restart proe the next time :-(

there are some files that end with the extension .bif and it may live there...but you would have to be pretty darn brave to go in and change any of that info..like don't :) as it will more than likely really mess things up.

Now that I have heard your question I believe that there is actually a bug related to the dashboard.

There is a config option
visible_message_lines 1
This sets the number of message lines displayed along the message bar. However if it's set to 1 line and you use the dashboard it displays more lines 3 more to be specific when the dashboard closes.

If you want to maximize screen area set it to one or possibly 0 if that's allowed and file a Bug for the Dashboard increasing the # of message lines.

Also the config.win file that is loaded from Tools>Customize Screen might allow you to save the size because this is more of display and less of an options issue.

Michael

[jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back