Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I open the drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danskur

Civil/Environmental
Oct 16, 2003
IS
Hi hi

I have a drawing that I've been working on and I X-ref'd another drawing in and there is also a quite bit of hatc, in the x-ref and in the one that I'm working one wright now. But when I was about to take the x-ref out and take a look at it, the xref was still there, but now as it was a part of the orginal drawing (line).
Ok...I thought it was just something wrong with me and I deleted all the items that shouldn't been on the drawing. And then I tried xref again and every thing looked allright, but it happend once more. I deleted the items again an when I was done deleting I turned the layer on which has most of the hatc......and AutoCad turned off and I can't open the drawing again.

this is the error reports that i got:
Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at 6544f4d0h

And this:FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at 654448a0h

And I think I've have some more

P.s
I'm using Autocad 2002 and Express tools to freez/thaw layers

p.s p.s
sorry about my english......I've haven't written so much english in some ears now

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A few more details of your problem might be helpful. So, if I suggest something you already know or have tried, I apologize.

Have you tried performing a recovery on the file?
Open a new session of ACAD; go to the file pulldown menu; select drawing utilities; select recover; locate and select the corrupt file; select open.

If this works I would suggest purging the drawing immediately; I use a freeware utility called "SuperPurge" that works very well.

You could also try inserting the drawing into a blank drawing file as a block; then perform an audit and purge.

I hope this helps.

After you delete all visible occurances of the xref, you need to PURGE the drawing, using the PURGE command. Then save the drawing, close and re-open it and re-insert the xref. It should be the new one. YOu can also use the XREF command to DETACH and UNLOAD the xref and then insert it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back