Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can use the SW Document Manager in API?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZsZs

Computer
May 8, 2007
HU
Hi!

I like to use in Document Manager in VC++ 6.0 with API

A example wrote this rows:
CComPtr<ISwDMClassFactory> swClassFact;
CComPtr<ISwDMApplication> swDocMgr;

But I not found the interface classes (ISwDMClassFactory and ISwDMApplication) in any type libraries (TLB files).

How access the Document Manager?

Regards,
ZsZs.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to email apisupport@solidworks.com and request a license key string for swdocmgr.dll. Depending on the version of SolidWorks you have, the API help file may include the documentation. If you're on 2006 or earlier, you will also have to request the documentation.

I forgot to add that this is the only query that should be directly addressed to apisupport. The first step for all other inquiries should be your VAR.

handleman,

You must have a good VAR if they take API questions. Mine told me to go directly to API support.

Regards,

Regg

I believe it was the API support people that said the VAR is the first step. I certainly wouldn't say that our VAR is all that great. However, API/VBA is such a powerful feature of SW I think it's a shame any VAR wouldn't have someone with at least enough knowledge to answer the sort of API questions that come up here on Eng-Tips. I actually started there with my swdocmgr inquiry, but they knew nothing. My adventure is documented in thread559-167509. By the way, that thread says that swdocmgr no longer needs a key with 07. This is true only for the first couple of SPs. For some idiot reason they locked it back up.

VAR: Value Added Reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back