Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How different is I-deas 10m from later versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmila

Specifier/Regulator
Feb 11, 2008
GB
The last version of I-deas I bought was 10m, but now clients and employers are asking me to work with later versions like 13. How different are the later versions for someone who is very experienced (with 10m) to learn to use them quickly?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look Under Documents. I assume you have a GTAC account.

Then look for I-Deas and look under what is new.

10 to 13 should be the same to the users. Just more enhancments and added fetrues. The menus should be the same. You can turn on a windows look and feel. We are on 12 at the current time.

sorry, i'm a new user, idon't now how to open a new 3ad, so can i ask you something important here?
i create a parte with some feature, now i need to convert some of that feature in a part, separated from the others.
Can i do it with ideas? how?
Please, forgive my bad language but i'm not english.

I assume you want to extract a feature out of your current part. So go to your history tree. Click the join or cut or what have that you want to extract out of the part. Then go to "extract" command in Master Modeler. Then select part in the box that pops up then ok. This should extract the feature you want out of the part you are working on. You should be able to put the part away that you are was working on and you will have a un named part out on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back