Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i create a batch plot in UG v18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GdrCad

Mechanical
May 14, 2003
US
Hi, I have about 300 dwgs that I need to plot out.
I searched the help and didn't find much help in there.
I asked the guys that work here and they said you have to do them one by one. That seems insane. any help would be great. thanx

greg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can process them with a GRIP or UG/Open API program.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

i searched the help for "grip" and dont see anything about makeing a batch plot... can you give me some keywords to use in the search or post a website that has the info.... the help in this thing isn't to helpfull... i'm a proE guy so this isn't easy

thanx for help

greg

Well if you are a Pro/E guy, how do you batch plot from Pro/E? We are moving to Pro/E (corporate decision, not the users') and batch plotting has become an issue for us. I have looked at Rand, etrage, FroTime and some others but haven't ecided on which is the bset way to plot all drawings in an ECN, etc.

I will see what GRIP programs I have in my 'library' for batch plotting. There are some questions when it comes to batch plotting in UG.
Are all the files in a single directory or under a single directory?
Are all of the files in the directory to be printed?
Do the files have a consistent and common drawing naming convention?

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I've never had to print more than 10 proE files so i couln't tell you how to make a batchplot in proE. All of the UG files i want to plot are in the same directory with a consistent naming convention?

thanx for the help

greg

I'm looking to do something similar...I have numberous UG files in various directories, but the drawing files all start with "d.". I'd like to run a batch program to plot out everything that starts with "d." (specifically using a plot queue that plots to a file, and then gets converted to .pdf). I could put all the "d." files in a single directory easy enough.

-Dave
"Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not simplier"

I found some programs, but I need to look at them a little closer to be sure they work in a generalized format, not company specific.

Three assumptions:
1 - you have GRIP Development
2 - you know how to read and modify gRIP strings
3 - you are on a MSwindows environment

I will post again when I have at least 1 program that works.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back