Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get GD&T Datums and their tags on a ruled based layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mertsy

Aerospace
Jun 20, 2011
US
The Question: How do I get the GD&T datum tags to be auto added to a layer? Whether this is a rule based or automatic config layer.

A little back ground. I believe this is new in WF5. The GD&T datum tags are now annotation. I was able to do this with no problems in previous version of Pro/E.

I have a rule based layer that will automatically add GD&T datum planes and axes to the layer when they are converted to a GD&T datum. (if they are changed back to a normal datum they will automatically be removed from the layer).

The rule:
Attributes
look for: Shown Datum Axis
Shown Datum Planes

See the attachment for a pic of what I am talking about.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Q: "How do I get GD&T Datums and their tags on a ruled based layer?"

A: You need to change one of your ShownDatumPlane Look for rules to
[blue]RULES (? = single character match will ignore ANY non [A] [ B ] [C] etc. Datums
DatumPlane NAME=? OR
DatumPlaneTag NAME=? OR
Axis NAME=? OR
DatumAxisTag NAME=?[/blue]

374725153.png

You May need all 4 rules to get both Axis&Plane and their Tags on Layer.
Nonassociative Layer rules only add items as GD&T items if they were Tolerancing dattums when created. It would be nice if Datum Type could be searched for.

For Layers Rules to Automatically Add items is not always possible or even the best idea. Swapping it into an Associative Rule which will add all items currently matching your criteria will do this more effectively. I made several mapkeys that will turn layer associativity On or Off. or editing like ler Layer Edit Rules.
374738584.png

Michael
Twitter: @trajpar

[jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back