Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i print a rendered view directly to printer w/ Ver. J?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterX

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2005
US
For example when in 3d mode:
A network of HVAC ducting with structural beams and columns in hidden line render mode option of the view display....

When I print preview using microstation print/plot command, it gives me filled/shaded elements....I have to hit refresh to get the hidden line view to show up but the printer will print the black background (standard for caltrans) so I have to toggle the background preference to white.

That is only half of the way to what I want, since the lines will show up all jagged w/out anti-aliasing applied and some corner lines don't even print despite it being an visible edge or corner. Some lines show up like pencil drawings unlike the smooth, distinguished, and continuous lines resulting from plots of wireframe view.

If I do an Iplot of the hidden line view mode, it just gets lost in Iplot server cyberspace literally (cause if I do a preview in the Iplot screen, it will give me an Iploteng error and won't create any previews)....

I've searched high and low all over the internet, starting with the Bentely's discussion forum and even AskInga too, to no avail....

All the Microstation Support Experts in my building can't figure it out and haven't come upon a solution...Axiom doesn't seem to have any solution either..

Could this just be a Microstation software/printer interface limitation? The only other way was to export the view I wanted to a hidden line file (*.hln) and reopen then print or Iplot to get the results I want... but that is just not good use of time plus it requires multiple steps.

I know Solidworks can print hidden lines removed quite cleanly with very no-brainer simplicity. The printout sometimes show up cleaner that what is on the screen too (except in default shaded mode). This is not the case with Microstation.

I know this was long, but can anybody give some insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back