How do i setup skill sets to resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshooty

Industrial
Oct 30, 2006
US
Hello,
I am trying to implement MS Project to help me with my scheduling.

--Background--
1. Our company manufactures a number of different assemblies. There are several steps in creating each box. That require different skill sets. Some steps are wire cutting, wire termination, wire inspection, build box, box inspection and final test.
2. We have several different boxes - eg Box1111, Box1210, Box1280, Box1283 and Box1173.
3. There are over 8 employees. Each employee has a set of different skills. One employee may be able to build Box1111 and cut wire while another may only be able to terminate wire and do final test.

--What I am trying to accomplish--
1. Have several external MS Project files where I can define the steps in creating a specific box.
2. As demand for a certain box comes in, I import the MS Project File for that specific box (not OLE) into the Parent MS project File.
3. I then change deadline details into the parent project file for each jobs deadline.
4. Ms Project takes care of all my scheduling (resources/time).

--Problem--
1. I am not sure how to define the skill sets to a specific resource (person). Also, have the ability to attribute several skills to each employee.
2. Set up project so that it looks at the skills required to build a box, and then looks at the available resources (employee) and then finally suggest a schedule.

Is this possible?
Thanks for your time and reading this post.
Akshay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back