Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How does Lean work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVACctrl

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2002
US
Anyone implementing Lean in their shop? How is it working? Is it a struggle? Has there been any payoff? Have the workers fought or struggled against the implementation? Where do you or did you get your Lean training or assistance with setting up the process? Any major (or minor) negatives or drawbacks stemming from Lean?

I'm interested in learning more about Lean.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HVACctrl

Lean in nut shell is the removal of waste from a given process.

I am the Lean Champion here at my company, and I have seen an 85% increase in productivity, and a 65% reduction in waste.

We are 1 year into the transformation. We have had many obsticals to overcome. First and formost is you have to have a driver, someone high in the organization as the driving force behind lean implementation. Without it you will only see small gains.

Depending your organization, and the drive behind the change, the culture is the hardest thing to overcome. You need to concentrate on your communication at the operator level first, show them the benifits of lean, and how it will benifit them, once you gain thier buy in, and you have a driver, you can and will see imediate benifits of lean implementation.

ddbyrd,
I've been out of the loop lately and am just now seeing your reply. Thanks for the info. BTW, what type of manufacturing are you in? How big is your facilty? Do you will you have to do any major shop layout changes to accomodate better Lean practices? Where do you get your LEan education and information?

Thanks for the input.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back