How does one control cursor selection radius? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanLougheed

Mechanical
Feb 12, 2007
CA
Hello all,

I am noticing a difficulty when generating drawings as I add dimensions. I usually encounter it when placing Smart Dimensions for linear measurements. Clicking the first edge or point is always successful, however the second edge or point is often difficult to click. It is as if I need to click on the exact pixel to select the edge or point I want.

Is it possible to change the radius of influence during selection? In other words, rather than requiring a click on the exact pixels of my desired edge, I could select the edge if it was within a 5 pixel radius of my cursor. I have searched for an answer to this question with no helpful results so far.

Since graphics cards often come up, I am using an nVidia Quadro FX 1500 with the latest SolidWorks tested drivers.

Any help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SW does not have an option for cursor selection accuracy or 'pick box' size.

Do you have the Tools > Options > System Options > Display?Selection > Dynamic highlighting from graphics view option selected?

Thank you for the direct answer.

As of about 5 seconds ago, I have enabled Dynamic highlighting from graphics view. That will be a big help! Thank you for the tip!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back