Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How good is Cosmos/Simulation at analyzing Composite Honeycomb panels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbertha912

Aerospace
Apr 14, 2016
US
Hi, I am working for a company that builds Aircraft interiors fabricated solely from Fiber/Aluminum Honeycomb panels. They are refusing to purchase FEMAP or Patran but instead want the Stress Engineers to use Simulation/Cosmos as it is free with their SolidWorks packaging. I have been reading through the Cosmos/Simulation help books, and no where does it give examples or talk about modeling stack ups that consist of 2D/3D orthotropic materials combined in the same element with Isotropic materials or a different orthotropic material (if it does, I am missing it). All examples and guidelines show for single solid materials.
Please can someone tell me what I am missing, or if Cosmos/Simulation is not equipped for this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks Tmoose, I still have not even been given access to the software yet, but when i do, is there a training that you think is best. So far from all the youtube videos i have seen, it is a VERY different user interface than i am used to.
Also, do you know if, once the analysis is run, does Solidworks simulation create data dumps (called DOF files created by femap)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back