How long does PE (mechanical) application take to get approved? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechGuy87

Mechanical
Jun 17, 2016
US
Hello Dear Engineers,
For those Engineers who recently took their PE exams or taking it in OCT, Can you tell me how long your PE application took to get approved? I submitted all the paperwork to the state (application and references). It's been about 4 months now and I have not heard from them yet. I am waiting for their response so I can register for the exam. The exam is in a month and a half (End of OCT). Is it taking long because my application may have some problem?
I live in Los Angeles, CA. Thank you all in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm sitting for the PE exam this October, as well. Here's the timeline that I encountered in my state:

March 12th: Mailed in my application
March 15th: Received an E-Mail notification from the Board that my application was received
March 22nd: Received an E-Mail notification from the Board that my application was considered incomplete, and that additional documentation was required
April 8th: Submitted additional documentation
April 12th: Received an E-Mail notification from the Board that my application was administratively approved and pending final review
May 25th: Received an E-Mail notification from the Board that my application was approved
June 18th: Received an E-Mail from the Board containing my candidate ID number, which is needed in order to register for the PE exam with NCEES

I'm sure that every state is different, but it sounds like you definitely should have heard back from them by now. According to NCEES, you had until September 1st to register for the PE exam. I would get in touch with California's Board of Professional Engineers ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back