Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How many pages is your CV/Resumé? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackMats

Materials
Mar 22, 2011
GB
I've always stuck to the 'two-page rule', making sure only the most important skills, achievements etc are presented in a concise manner. However, I have come across a couple of other people CVs and it appears some folks use more (I saw one guys and his was 7 pages long). Maybe I've been thinking about this the wrong way, and it can be long as you like as long as all the information in there is pertinent to the job you're applying for?

I could easily go onto 3 pages and pad out to 4. Would like to see what the general concensus is on this, if any?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Word of advice on references.
Make dammed sure you give them a heads up if you are going to an interview.
While talking to HR at an interview , somebody called one of my references and caught them by surprise, the startled person blurted out " Oh yes he is a good guy, he knows his stuff, but he talks too much.", the interview was for a secure position. Needless to say I did not get the job.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

I try to keep my resume to one page. Only two pages if I need to highlight "project specific" info that relates to the position, but usually I can keep it to one page by removing irrelevant work history, but adding a note that I have removed some history and to ask for full work history if required just so it doesn't seem like I am hiding information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back