Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How much does it cost for an aerial equipment on a rental basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia Hicklin

Civil/Environmental
Nov 5, 2019
CA
Hey, folks,
I'm a civil engineer and I've signed my first project yesterday. By next week, I should start the work and it should be finished within 3 months period. I'm so much excited and tensed. I'm the person who is responsible to provide safer access for the workers at the site. Aerial equipment can be moved easily on the worksite and provide safer access in hard to reach areas. So, I'm looking forward to hire a service that offers aerial equipment rental. How much does it cost on a rental basis?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are referring to a high lift, it depends on the reach you need. In my area, an 80' high lift costs about $900 per day (USD) or about $2500 per week.

Im sorry if I am coming across as harsh but, is the OP really requesting rental prices for a teleporter (what we refer to plant shown as in the link provided)?

Ron if you told me your location I could google it and find the answer...... in less time that it took for the OP to post the question....

If you contact United Rental, or Battfield Rental, or the company in your link, they will be able to provide a price list. Both these are local to the Toronto/Southern Ontario areas. The rental cost will vary greatly depending on the type of platform that you are renting and the duration (apparently 3 months). Also make sure you ask about the float charge for transportation to and from site. A lot of what you require depends on the site. Keep in mind that for buildings, often swingstages are used above a certain height.

EireChch....I'm in Southeastern US (Florida). We rent these fairly often for access doing failure investigations of exterior facades/cladding. You're right...a small bit of research is all that's needed.

The OP is in Ontario, Canada. Rates will be similar, though varied. (Was a partner for 5 years in a firm headquartered in Ontario...we had similar rates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back