Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how much hour is need to design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behrooz1965

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2002
IR
for 3d-design & full 2d-detail with spark model,how much time is need(max or min or normal time)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

behrooz1965,
That is a 'how long is a piece of string' question. It depends on the part geometry, complexity, how much detail is required, how 3D capable you are, there are lots of variables. We typically turn our average design around in 3 to 4 days, this can be shorter if the design is straight forward and can be much longer for the more involved design. Another factor is how well your designer can take in the original part geometry and whether there will be any 'cleaning up' required. If you have a design requirement or have any further queries, please come back to me using details given below.

Regards

Kieran
kieran@moulddesigner.com

Dear behrooz
hi(salam)

this is depend on the complexity of the part and the 3d requirement.because some designer like to model the part and mold fully 3d but some else like to model the part and parting surface of the mold in 3d.so that is very hard to response to your question.the skill of the designer and the cad/cam software that u use is another important factor.
but now i can give u a rough estimation min 3 hours and max two weeks.if u need more information let me know.

be happy

bye
(khoda negahdar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back