Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add color to palette that is permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filospinato

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2006
US
Hi,
Can someone point me to an .xml file that can be changed that tells CATIA which colors to show as default in the color palette? I have a custom one that I want to add so that it shows up in the standard colors.
Thanks,
Jake

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know about the .xml file, but the custom colors are defined in the file: CColors.CATSettings.
I don't know how your system is configured, but it's the file you should have (and keep safe) in your "local settings" folder (i.e. c:\documents and settings\yourusername\application data\DassaultSystemes\Catsettings).

I have yet to find a good external CATSettings editor, if that is what you're after. CATSettings are defined through tools > options, and are encrypted/obfuscated so that you cannot edit it with a normal text editor like you would anything XML.

You can also access the options outside of Catia through a link similar to this:
"C:\Program Files\Catia\V5R18\win_b64\code\bin\CATOptionsMgt.exe" -run "CATOptionsMgt.exe" -env CATIAV5_environment_file -direnv "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv" -nowindow

(Edit the string to reflect your own Catia installation.)

I afraid I don't know where in the options management you can edit the actual colour palette, though...

Good luck.

-----------------------
Christian Bunes

The way I've done it is to put colors to reference settings

Start Catia in admin mode (you need to have rights for that)
Define colors as usual.
Close Catia

CColors.CATSettings is now modified in reference settings not in user settings folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back