Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to adjust dimensions between components in an assembly/how to add dimensions to a 2D drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

andradesilva

Materials
Jun 20, 2017
PT
Hi all,

I have a set of CAD components added onto an assembly. I would like to do the 2D drawings.
However, I would like to adjust the dimensions between the components before I go to assembly environment.
Also, in 2D drawing, I am facing troubles adding dimensions (driven). I think it's because the box of some components are overlayed on adjacent ones.

So, the following two question arose from the problems described below:

1)How can I adjust the distance between components of an assembly composed by several copies of the same component?

2)How can I add driven dimensions to a 2D drawing composed by several copies of the same components

I don't have much experience in CAD with Solidworks, but I need to learn some stuff for this industrial project I am working at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
AndradeSilva

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So... No offense intended here, but have you gone through all of the tutorials built in to SolidWorks? Your question seems to indicate "no". If not, you do not have the foundation necessary to understand the help that you are requesting if it were provided.

1) It's probably a pattern of components, you would find and edit this in the assembly.
2) I'd probably do it as a note, dimension the first spacing and state that it's typical for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back