Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to attach attributes to part in UG

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvraj

Automotive
May 26, 2003
CA
I am new user to UG. I have used Catia before. In catia it is very easy to attach attributes to the part. I couldn't figure out how to attach attributes to the part in Unigraphics. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of UG? The attribute menu changed in NX from where it had been in previous versions.

In V18:
from the main menu bar: Format-Attribute-Part...
Assign
Enter Attribute Name
Enter Attribute Value
(Only string data may be assigned to a part)

In NX V1:
from the Assembly Navigator Flyout
RMB on the Partname
Select Properties
In the Properties table, select Attributes
Enter the Title and Value in the boxes at the bottom

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Ben,

I use Attributes for Part Name and ASM ID number for my assembly components. Is it possible to write relations for strings where you can set Assembly Component Name to equal a Part attribute such as _ASM_ID which is a Part Attribute so that I can order my components by Component number in the Assembly Navigator?

Michael

Even easier. Add a column to the ANT, use the attribute name CALLOUT and it will have the sysetm defined CALLOUT in your ANT. Or just add your own attributes to the ANT. I have mine to show the fields that we put into our parts lists. I can see if all the valuse are correct without even creating the PL.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

You can also apply attributes with the Reference Set function (assemblies+reference sets..). This is especially useful if you have "shown" and "opposite" parts occupying the same model:
eg. Shown part is part of the SOLID ref set
Its attributes are:
attribute 1 = part number = abc-1
attribute 2 = description = widget
Opp part is part of the OPP ref set
Its attributes are:
attribute 1 = part number = abc-2
attribute 2 = description = opp abc-1
Now when the part is used in an assembly the correct part number/description will appear in the PL based on what ref set is used.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back