Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change default reference set in Add Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBaumann

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2013
US
When adding parts to my assembly, it always defaults to how the part was saved. I changed my load options to default to something else, but it doesn't work. It loads "Model" and I would like to change it to "Detail" by default as that is what was used in our legacy parts as the default. Don't ask me why. :)

Also, is there any way to change it so the parts don't load with remembered constraints? When adding certain parts, I have to click no to the option every time.

Thanks,

Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On the Assemblies Load options you can add default reference sets. Make sure the Detail one is 1st on the list. Than save your Load options

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Aerospace CT
NX 10 & 11.0.1 Vericut 8.0.3

If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses

- Henry Ford

I had stated I changed the assembly load options but it didn't work. I think I found a workaround though. I unchecked the option to skip the add component dialog (in customer defaults) on click-drag additions. That way I can change the reference set on load.

I really wish you could access multiple directories in "Replace Component" and/or replace components using the reuse library. When replacing a reuse part, I have to just throw it into the model and pick it from there (and delete the extra). Seems overly complicated.

Thanks for replying though. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back